Allergy season is upon us here in Northern New Mexico. I want to share with you my own experience. For the past 3 years, I finally learned what all of the fuss was about. I never really knew what ‘allergies’ were until Spring, 2007. Now I know. I’ve tried a few things, and this has been what has worked the best. I’ll also pass along some other well-known, non-allopathic approaches.
1. I have eliminated wheat and dairy temporarily from my diet. Both of these are known allergens that can cause a histamine response. I noticed an almost immediate reduction in symptoms.
2. Black Pepper and Ginger tea (recipe as follows):
Boil 4 cups of water with 1/4 cup whole black peppercorns and 2 inches of sliced ginger for 20 minutes. Add local honey to taste. Drink this all day long.
3. We have several Western and Chinese herbs in our store to also help with allergy symptoms.
4. Anything you can do to detoxify your liver and strengthen your kidneys will be helpful. We can also give lots of suggestions on this (I’ll give you some liver detox tips next week)
5. Fresh juice. I’m juicing carrots, celery, beets, cucumber, ginger, lemon, apple, cilantro, and parsley. It immediately makes me feel better.
My Challenge to You:
If you are feeling any allergy symptoms, eliminate all wheat and dairy from your diet for 3 days. Use almond, rice, or soy milk instead. There are also breads made from other grains such as millet and rice. All of these products are available in health food stores and at Center Market here in Espanola.