I am sending this health tip in two parts because I have a lot to share and don’t want to overwhelm you with everything in one blog. Enjoy!
Because we are special creatures with special gifts, I am going to give you these gems given to us by our teacher, who revered and respected women so much and who wanted us to treat ourselves with love and respect.
You can do these daily, weekly, or monthly….
- Cold showers help reset our energy and increase our circulation as well as move the lymph system.
- Don’t eat any solid food before 10:30 am: only shakes, teas, and other clear liquids (does not include coffee or soda). This helps our digestion to start slowly & gives our body a break.
- Eat a handful of raisins at 8:00 in the morning and at 4:00 in the afternoon and a banana everyday to balance potassium in the body, which affects bone loss and mood.
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods
- Take 2 Tbsp of flax seeds (freshly ground) or flax oil everyday
- Drink 75% of your body weight in ounces of water per day. For example: if you weigh 100 pounds, drink 75 oz of water per day
- Make lunch the biggest meal of the day and dinner the smallest.
- Decrease or eliminate coffee and caffeine from your diet. It increases blood pressure and strains your kidneys as well as depletes your body of calcium.
- Exercise and sweat for, at least, 20 minutes per day.
- Lie flat on your back and completely relax for 11 minutes.
Pick one of the above items and practice it at least 21 days. I promise you, you will feel good. It’s the act of nurturing and taking time for yourself everyday. You are worth it.