I hope you all enjoyed your summer with your family and friends. I know I did, and I’m ready to get back to sharing fabulous information to enlighten your body, mind and spirit this fall.
I have a few ‘announcements’ to share with you before we get into the ‘good stuff’.
- I will now be sending these out every 2 weeks, rather than every week. I know we all get A LOT of emails and I really hope that, with receiving less of my emails, you’ll want to read what I’ve got to share with you, rather than moving it to your Trash folder.
- I’m going back to basics and keeping these short and sweet… my original idea was for you to be able to read these in a minute or less and then put into action what I’ve shared.
- Many of you have asked me how you can work with me. Unfortunately, I’m not able to give specific medical advice for people’s conditions, unless we are in a doctor-patient relationship. So, here are a few ways, in which, you can pick my brain:
- Go to my website and access all of my archived posts. If you just pick one of these and practice it, then move through all of them, I can almost guarantee that you’ll start to notice some changes in your health.
- I have an online course available for purchase. I HIGHLY recommend this. It’s a comprehensive, 5 week course that highlights the areas that I feel are the most important to achieving health and vitality. It’s offered at a very reasonable price, and, when you think about it, most people spend this amount on going out to eat and having their nails done every week. I promise you, this will give you way more satisfaction!
- You can schedule a one-on-one Facetime, phone, or Skype appointment with me. I love doing these with people! We get a lot done in a short amount of time.
- And lastly, I would love, love, love your support to help keep these posts going. If you are purchasing any of the products that I mention in any of my posts, by clicking on the links that I’ve provided, I get a little bit of commission from your purchase. This helps me to keep the posts and my website clean, beautiful and uplifting rather than littering it with ads.
Thank you so much for your continued support and success stories that you share with me. It keeps me inspired to continue putting these out.
So, that was the business end of my post today…. wanted to answer some unanswered questions for some of you. Now onto the really fun part!
Green Smoothies to Jump Start Your Morning (or anytime of the day)!
I discovered this dynamic lady duo last fall while I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts: The Good Life Project. They created a website and book called ‘Simple Green Smoothies’. I also happened across this while looking for a birthday book to accompany the Vitamix we were all gifting our friend. I ended up buying the book for myself, as well. I LOVE it! It’s helped me master my green smoothies, and 10 months later, I’m hooked on these for my breakfast.
As most of you have heard, breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. Our digestive system has been resting for 8-10 hours while we sleep,and it’s just waking up, along with the rest of you. Starting the day off with something easily digestible is key. Women, especially, want to stay close to liquids like teas, water, and smoothies for the first couple of hours after waking. Your kidneys, liver, and digestive tract have been stagnant all night, so whatever you consume is going to affect how your organ systems start.
Smoothies are quick, easy, and portable. You can even put everything in the blender the night before and just whip it up in the morning. I hear people all the time tell me that they skip breakfast because they ‘don’t have time’. Honestly, it doesn’t get much easier than this. You can do this! I promise you.
I want to list some of the benefits of green smoothies for some inspiration:
- You are getting 2 cups of raw greens. If you do this, you could pretty much eat whatever you want the rest of the day because you’ve already loaded your system with the nutrients you need for the day.
- You will find an increase in energy.
- Your bowel movements will become more regular.
- Green smoothies with a little protein will regulate your blood sugar.
- You will stay more satisfied and full throughout the morning.
- You may find that you have a decrease in joint and muscle pain because of the anti-inflammatory effects greens and fruits. This versus a coffee and muffin to start your day.
I, personally, have noticed a huge change in my vitality, hunger level, pain level, and attention level throughout the day, since I started drinking these consistently.
Here’s my favorite green smoothie recipe to share with you (adapted from ‘Simple Green Smoothies’ recipes):
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 2 cups organic spinach or chard
- juice of 1 organic lemon
- 2 inches fresh, peeled ginger
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 4-6 frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Pour the coconut water in first, followed by the greens. Let your frozen fruit sit out for 2-3 minutes, if time allows to let them de-thaw a bit. Squeeze the lemon over the fruit, throw in the ginger and chia seeds. Blend until smooth. This should be enough for one large jar for one person or smaller jars for 2 people. I pour this into a jar and have lids with openings for a straw (these are pretty available in different places now, since this is a trending idea). And if you don’t like the plastic straws, there are stainless steel ones available also. I take this with me in the car in the morning and drink while I’m driving my kids to school and while I’m at work.
I love my Vitamix blender and use it everyday, probably several times a day. I highly recommend it. If you don’t have one, any blender can work.
My Challenge to You:
Try making green smoothies for 10 days and see how you feel. If you want to purchase their book: ‘Simple Green Smoothies’, I think you’ll have a lot of fun and find a lot of inspiration… I know I did and still do. Or you can visit their website to find some recipes that they always have posted there. Let us know about your successes by posting in Facebook. We’d all love to hear your stories and help inspire others!
With lots of love and hugs from New Mexico,